Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Fan of the Game


     I thought I might just drop this here for your viewing pleasure.  I stumbled across some tape of the latre great Peter Cushing, doing something we're all very familiar with, probably before half of our readers were born!
     As many of you may know, I am a horror film buff as much as I am a collector of soldierdolls- which might go far to explaining my attractions to certain games and armies- I'm looking at you, Spinespur!   Anyway, as a card-carrying member of the Hammer Flims Fanclub, I had heard of this tape's existence but never actually seen it.  Ahh, the wonders of you-tube and our post-digital age.  

     For your viewing pleasure, I give you... from the depths of the BBC vaults in 1956...  "Peter Cushing and his Toy Soldiers.



    I may be forced to play my next several games doing nothing but quoting Dracula, Sherlock Holmes, and Grand Moff Tarkin.  "You may roll your attack when ready... I see nothing in your deployment that would dissuade me from my course of action..."

     Also of note- please, please realise that even one hundred years ago, the great H.G.Wells recognized the existence of and uniqueness of the Female Gamer. something for many of us to learn from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment