Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Godslayer: Maybe we should be paying more attention to this?

Ok, so if you have been paying any attention you will know that we have been paying a crapload of attention to Dark Age, SpineSpur, and Warzone.  But there is another new player to the market that really needs to be given some consideration... Godslayer.  In the last week, they have won the "Most Promising Product" award, and release five new products.  Been a very busy week.

So a quick overview.  Godslayer is a fantasy skirmish game, from Megalith Games.  This is their into paragraph.

Set in a rich and detailed fantasy universe named Calydorn, GODSLAYER is a fast and tactically challenging tabletop skirmish game played with highly detailed metal miniatures. The game is designed for two or more players and offers a totally new gaming experience with many aspects never before seen.

How well it delivers on that, I honestly can't say.  But the guys in Cologne must agree to a certain extent to give them the award.  What I can speak about is the model line, and how every time I see a picture I want to go buy the model.  Like the one to the left.  I have no idea how she works in game, whether she is over or under priced, but I do know I want to field her on the tabletop.

In the past week they have released for purchase this model as well as the Ovate Druid.  And he's just as awesome, look below.

With models this detailed and the announcement of other new models like Hill Ogres and Troglodytes.  Godslayer is meeting a schedule faster that of other games, like Dark Age.  These models certainly prove the quality is there in the design.  So for a small company that no one seems aware of yet, I for one am taking notice.  In the not too distant future I expect I'll be getting my hand on some of this product.  But in the meantime, I think if you have any interest in  the fantasy genre, then these guys need to be on your radar.  Until next time...



Belgarath97

No comments:

Post a Comment