Sunday, October 19, 2014

Zomtober2014 Week Three Zombies- Dead Doxies by Wyrd Minitatures

   Our special guest zombie for week three of Zomtober2014 are the Dead Doxies by Wyrd Miniatures. These are two of the many lovely ladies available for the game of Malifaux, playable in the Resurrectionist faction.   
   Wyrd is gradually making resculpts of all of their models, but they haven't gotten around to these yet. So these are the original metal sculpts. I specifically wanted to get myself a pair of the originals, rather than waiting for the new ones, because I absolutely love the poses, and I didn't want to risk not being able to get them if they ended up doing different poses in the resculpts. I mean, look closely at the girl in blue. Yes, she is holding her own head suspended above her neck. Awesome. And the pose of the other girl is also beautiful.
   I just love all the Malifaux dead hookers. Why? I love the juxtaposition of the last, beautiful era of women's clothes and the ugliness of decaying flesh. In some strange way it epitomizes why I love zombies in the first place- something that should be beautiful twisted into something that should NEVER HAPPEN.
   So, enjoy! Maybe next week I'll give these lovely ladies something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment